Walsall Foster Carer Association is a registered charity which aims to provide support to registered foster carers in Walsall and the children in their care.
We aim to promote the professionalism of foster carers in the significant role they play in managing the care of children and young adults.
Our Principal activity is the provision of support services for Foster Carers and Family and Friends Carers registered with Walsall Council.
We aim to promote and develop partnership working with the local authority and all relevant agencies to ensure that the children of Walsall recieve the best service possible and achieve good life skills.
Walsall FCA arranges a wide variety of inclusive events across a wide spectrum including sport, outdoor events and the creative arts.
Our Constitution is available to read at the office. Please contact our Association Office for more information.
We first opened for Business in 2004 and we have been serving Foster Carers for Walsall Social Services ever since.
We at Walsall FCA offer a full range of services ranging from small local projects to major national work and everything in between. We work in Partnership with Walsall Children’s Services.
Our Committee members are listed below.
- Kevin Newton – Chairperson, Recruitment and Retention, Allegations and Grievance support and Advice
- Chris Harris – Vice Chairperson / Treasurer
- Alan Mason – Events and Fundraising, Recruitment and Retention
- Brenda Mason – Events and Fundraising, Recruitment and Retention
- Pat Newton – Training Coordinator, Coffer mornings and Tax Advice
- Tony Hanson – IT manager, Recruitment and Retention
- Kim Hanson – Recruitment and Retention
- Diane Garrett – Recruitment & Retention & Virtual School Link
- Fiona Wilson – C4K Representative
- Michelle Cummings – Children’s Champion (Participation and Engagement)
Paul Garrett – Committee member
Ray Brown – Buddying officer / Recruitment and Retention
Denise Brown – Recruitment and Retention
We are a Registered Charity (Registered Number 1112154)