Council 4 kids
Join us and help change the lives of young people in care!
Council 4 kids is a group of young people who have had experience in care.
We try to make positive change in your lives by listening to you and working our hardest to resolve any issues or problems you may have.
We also sit on interview panels, meet with the Corporate Parenting Board Members, deliver Total Respect Training to professionals working with Looked After Children in Walsall.
We currently meet once a month and would loved to have new members join our group. If you are interested in joining C4K or want to get in touch with anything you think would make life better for you or others in care. Contact Fiona at My place on 01922 655419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children in Care Council – The Influencers
- We are a friendly and welcoming group of young people in care or with care
experience, who have experienced similar things.
- We meet monthly, virtually or face to face to discuss issues that matter
- We have direct access to people within the council who make important
- We attend important meetings with our elected members.
- We are able to influence decision making.
The Children in Care Council offers
many opportunities for young people.
- New experiences and learn new skills
- Make positive friendships
- Getting involved in fun activities and going on trips
- Represent views of other young people
- Build your confidence
- Attend young people’s interview panels and forums
- Create newsletters
- Just having FUN.
Do you think you
can get make a difference? We are always looking for new members, the group is
young people lead. Your voice is very important. We offer incentives to say
thank you as we know your time is very important.
If you are aged
between 10yrs – 18yrs why not contact us and see what you think.
If you are a Care
Leaver and would like to be part of a social group to reduce isolation why not
get involved. You can build friendships, have fun and socialise together.
How to get involved.
We would really
like to hear from you, you can speak to your social worker or PA or Contact
your Children’s Champion Michelle.Cummings@Walsall.gov.uk – 07787 284 682